First established in 2007 as Red Maple, Gurit (Tooling) is today one of the largest mould manufacturers worldwide, producing alone over 40 wind turbine blade mould sets a year. The facility of Gurit (Tooling) situated at Taicang/China is ISO9001 certified. Over 600 skilled employees are dedicated to the design and manufacture of high quality tooling, using innovative technology. While moulds for wind turbine blades continue to be by far Gurit’s largest tooling market, Gurit is increasingly looking beyond wind energy and enters into new markets such as marine and transportation applications.
Mastering the complete vertical mould production process, Gurit sets new benchmarks for tooling system cost and delivery time.
- Master plug Design and Manufacture
- Mould manufacture
- Hydraulic Mould Closing Systems
- Hydraulic Mould Clamping Systems
- Mould Heating Systems
- Jigs and Fixtures
- Transport Systems
Gurit and HAWART Sondermaschinenbau GmbH have agreed in 2012 to closely cooperate in the areas of mould and transport systems production for wind energy rotor blades. In Europe, Gurit customers get access to a local and highly qualified installation and service organisation for moulds. Additionally, they will benefit from the global availability of the HAWART transport systems. HAWART customers benefit through the cooperation from the fully integrated, industrial mould making capability of Gurit and the option to mass produce transport systems in the future.
WIND BLADE MOULD
Gurit offers a variety of high quality mould systems appropriate for any production process at an affordable price.
- Mould produced with or without gelcoat, depending on customer manufacturing process
- Epoxy resin with Tg of 90°C, 110°C, 130°C or 160°C can be used, or alternatively vinylester
- Mould main shell produced by infusion or hand lamination at customer’s request
- Mould strengthened by composite core materials based on customer requirements
- Electric, liquid or air heating options
- PC based heating control, monitoring software
- Mould frame design using FEA software
- Welded steel frame, for long life and stable support of the shell
- Patented mould shape adjustment system
The high quality, cost-effective tooling from Gurit makes a perfect combination with the group’s other core offerings of structural design, composite materials, and composite processing know-how. The pairing enables optimised and innovative solutions, opening new possibilities in cost-effective production for wind energy, industrial and marine, ocean energy, transport, and architectural markets.